Monday, January 18, 2010

I am not a Bollywood fan...... I had given up on Bollywood 10-15 years ago.... but ever since coming to college there are times when boredom gets the better of you. I have been seeing an occasional movie here and there and I have noticed a rather funny trend.

No its not the increased sex, or the better depiction of foreigners or the improved scientific accuracy. It is in fact the increase in the alcohol usage in Bollywood. Not since "sharabi(1970-80something) " has alcohol been so hip and cool. Just watch any movie in the last 2 years keeping in mind what i said.

I honestly think its genius I mean what else do indian kids do today that their parents did back in their time. What else gets into their psyche better than Bollywood, it influences fashion, language, and opinion and caters to one of the largest audience in the world.

So by showing actors guzzling down industrial quantities of alcohol and having fun doing it. They are giving subtle hints to everyone to drink. Forget the political incorrectness and admire the genius of it all.....it almost makes me want to watch Bollywood again ......a-l-m-o-s-t.....lol

1 comment:

  1. HAVE U WATCHED THE MOVIES 99 & OYE LUCKY OYE, HONEYMOON TRAVELS? DIFFERENT FROM MAINSTREAM ONES.

    ReplyDelete